Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Worker dies after being electrocuted during construction

Larnaca general hospital

A 54-year-old worker was electrocuted and died shortly afterwards on Thursday while undertaking construction work at a petrol station in Alethriko, a village in the Larnaca district.

The victim lost his life after the pump of the cement mixer being used by the construction crew came into contact with an Electricity Authority power line.

An electric current passed through the pump to the cement mixer, which the 54-year-old was touching, electrocuting him.

The man, named as Renos Nicolaou from the village of Anglisides, was taken to Larnaca general hospital but doctors were unable to save him.

A second worker, 18, was also lightly hit by the electrical current, and was being treated at the Larnaca general hospital.

 

Related posts

Law suits aim to stop Larnaca marina development

Staff Reporter

Civil servants call for reintroduction of pension scheme

CNA News Service

Ex girlfriend of murder suspect feared she would be next

George Psyllides

Anti-sexual harassment code to be included in collective agreements

Jean Christou

Tender process opened for Nicosia orbital motorway

George Psyllides

‘If we recuse so many judges there won’t be enough left’

George Psyllides