Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Boy injured in amusement park ‘doing well’

Health ministry permanent secretary Christina Yiannaki said after visiting the seven-year-old in the private clinic in Limassol (CNA)

A seven-year-old boy who was seriously injured in an amusement park accident last week is doing well and is expected to be discharged in two weeks, a health ministry official said Friday.

His mother, who was also injured is also well, ministry permanent secretary Christina Yiannaki said after visiting the seven-year-old in the private clinic in Limassol where he was being treated.

“The child is in very good condition, as is his mother,” Yiannaki said, adding that the ministry was ready to provide any assistance.

In the accident on Friday, the boy suffered an exposed fracture on his right leg while his mother lacerated her left knee, broke her right hand and suffered a concussion.

The park said human error was to blame for the accident as the ride was operating too fast, meaning the swing went further out than usual, hitting the adjacent ride.



Related posts

Coronavirus: All Cypriot citizens abroad can now apply for repatriation

Peter Michael

Coronavirus: 13 complaints against officers accused of abusing power

George Psyllides

Coronavirus: Ministry will monitor any reports of test price cheats

Elias Hazou

Coronavirus: constitution needs changing for MPs to vote remotely

Gina Agapiou

Coronavirus: Repatriation flight brings back a further 72

Nick Theodoulou

Coronavirus: Nineteen more cases, one of them an infant (Updated)

Evie Andreou