Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Hotel workers hospitalised after inhaling noxious fumes

File Photo

Seven workers at a Limassol hotel had to be treated in hospital for breathing problems after inhaling noxious fumes caused by swimming pool chemicals, the fire service said on Thursday.

Speaking from the scene at the Amara hotel, fire service chief Markos Trangolas said the fumes were a result of two swimming pool chemicals, one being chlorine, mixed together by inadvertently.

“It was a result of a human error,” he told reporters.

Trangolas said the fire service arrived at the scene and followed all procedures, aired all spaes, cleared the chemicals on the floor and carried out inspections to ensure no fumes remained in the air.

He urged all hotel technicians to be extra careful when handling such substances.

Related Posts

‘Glimmer of hope’ for Mitsero communities battling plant relocation

Jean Christou

Cyprus expresses ‘deep sorrow’ for loss of life in Egyptian fire

Staff Reporter

The greatest health and social scourge of all time

Christos Panayiotides

Helios crash was a ‘punch to the gut’, lead Greek investigator Tsolakis says

Ineia residents block roads for an hour to protest Akamas local plan

Jean Christou

Concern over increase in crime in the north

CM Guest Columnist