Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Mother raises safety fears after son’s electric shock at school

The mother of the student who was electrocuted on Thursday has complained about the safety of the high school he attends.

The 14-year-old student received an electric shock on Thursday morning when he went to turn on the lights in the school’s toilets.

The boy was rushed to Nicosia general hospital and after he complained of headaches was taken to Makarios hospital for further treatment.

The doctor at Makarios hospital said the child had suffered a small burn but his condition is not serious.

The high-school student is expected to be released later on Friday.

His mother said that the wires of the light switch were exposed and that caused her son’s electrocution.

The case is being investigated by the education ministry.



Related posts

Coronavirus: 130 cases announced on Saturday (Updated)

Jean Christou

‘There is another wall in Cyprus – the privileged and non-privileged’

Peter Michael

Cyprus to denounce Oktay’s entry to Varosha

Open University Covid livestream underway

Staff Reporter

Coronavirus: impromptu school closures not sanctioned, Prodromou says

Peter Michael

Supermarket employee suspected of stealing almost €200,000 from tills

Peter Michael