Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Fire at Paphos dry cleaner’s (Update)

The scene at the dry cleaner's. Photo: CNA

The cause of a fire at a Paphos dry cleaner’s was attributed to an electrical problem, a spokesman said on Sunday.

The fire service arrived at the scene on Eleftheriou Venizelou at around 11pm on Saturday and managed to put out the flames before it spread.

According to the owner of the shop, the fire alarm went off and as soon as she arrived, she saw the flames. The fire caused extensive damage to the equipment and the clothes belonging to customers.

Fire service spokesman Andreas Kettis told the Cyprus News Agency the fire appeared to have began from an electrical appliance and ruled out an arson attack.



Related posts

Private doctors head calls for quality control in hospitals

Gina Agapiou

Police car set on fire as demo turns violent

Nick Theodoulou

President to inaugurate Paphos Innovation Institute on Friday

Bejay Browne

Limassol Water Board working to cut down leaks

Staff Reporter

Coronavirus: 113 new cases, FM self isolating

Nick Theodoulou

Okypy defends its decision to join Oev

Evie Andreou