The cause of a fire at a Paphos dry cleaner’s was attributed to an electrical problem, a spokesman said on Sunday.
The fire service arrived at the scene on Eleftheriou Venizelou at around 11pm on Saturday and managed to put out the flames before it spread.
According to the owner of the shop, the fire alarm went off and as soon as she arrived, she saw the flames. The fire caused extensive damage to the equipment and the clothes belonging to customers.
Fire service spokesman Andreas Kettis told the Cyprus News Agency the fire appeared to have began from an electrical appliance and ruled out an arson attack.