Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Teen uses petrol to light stove, sets house on fire

A fire broke out at a home in Peristerona on Friday after a 17-year-old tried to light a stove using petrol, the fire service said on Saturday.

The teen escaped unharmed.

The blaze spread into the living room and the kitchen of the open-plan house, causing extensive damage.

The fire service determined that the fire started when the teen tried to light a wood stove using petrol.

In the past 24 hours, the fire service said it had responded to 30 calls for assistance, 17 fires, and 12 special services.

Related posts

Pay-as-you-throw scheme passed by parliament

Elias Hazou

Nicosia court issues injunction barring Edek from holding congress

Elias Hazou

House passes law for use of traffic cams

Elias Hazou

Coronavirus: Cyprus back on ECDC’s red list

Source: Cyprus News Agency

EP adopts resolution naming Anastasiades and others from Pandora Papers

Elias Hazou

Coronavirus: no deaths, 144 people test positive on Thursday (Updated)

Staff Reporter