Another 14 people have tested positive for coronavirus bringing the total to 1305, the Health Ministry said on Thursday.
The 14 cases – eight of which are from random checks – were detected after a total of 3387 tests.
More specifically, the following results were announced:
- Four tested positive from 108 tests of contacts of already confirmed cases
- Two tested positive from 1368 tests among passengers and repatriates
- Eight tested positive from a total of 631 tests as part of the programme of 10,000 random tests
Of the eight cases detected from random tests, two are from Paphos, one from Larnaca, two (a couple) from Limassol and three people from Nicosia. Of the eight, only one person from Paphos had symptoms.
The two passengers are a Cypriot couple who returned from Thessaloniki on August 12 and did the test at the airport. Both were asymptomatic.
In addition, the following tests were carried out, all with negative results:
- 888 tests from private initiative
- 40 tests from referrals from personal doctors and checks of special groups through public health centres
- 261 from the programme of 10,000 employees who returned to work under stage two and three of the reopening of the economy
- 91 tests from hospital labs
There are currently three patients at the referral hospital at Paralimni.