A total of 27 Turkish Cypriots were evacuated from Gaza into Egypt via the Rafah border crossing on Sunday, according to the north’s ‘foreign ministry’.
All 27 are expected to board ...
Turkish Cypriots celebrate the 40th anniversary of the unilateral declaration of independence (UDI) today, the move that set up the ‘Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus,’ which has existed ever since ...
A court of appeal has annulled a decision of the administrative court in a case concerning Turkish Cypriot property where the Guardian, the interior ministry, first gave permission for the ...
President Nikos Christodoulides said on Saturday that the Turkish Cypriot side had effectively “backed away” from the mutual understanding reached on construction works in the buffer zone village of Pyla.
...
The Turkish Cypriot Federation of Revolutionary Trade Unions (Dev-Is) has begun registering retired Turkish Cypriots who worked in the Republic to the health system Gesy.
Dev-Is explained they had been ...
Numbers could be up as much as 40 per cent since 2011
The population of the north may have increased by as much as 40 per cent since the last census in 2011, compared ...
By Tom Cleaver and Nikolaos Prakas
Hundreds of Turkish Cypriots took to the streets of northern Nicosia on Friday evening in a mass anti-‘government’ protest.
The protest was general ...
The north’s ‘government’ on Tuesday blocked the creation of a ‘parliamentary’ investigation committee into the circumstances regarding the banning of 12 Turkish Cypriots from Turkey.
Opposition politicians had put forward ...
Repatriation is underway of over one hundred Turkish Cypriots from Gaza, authorities in the north announced on Friday.
Information provided by Turkish Deputy Foreign Minister, Ahmet Yildiz, put the number ...
There are 104 Turkish Cypriots inside Gaza, Turkey’s Deputy Foreign Minister Ahmet Yildiz said on Thursday.
The 104 Turkish Cypriots are among around 700 people waiting to be evacuated to Turkey, he ...
Shaziye Azimkar, the Turkish Cypriot woman who saved a man’s life after he suffered a cardiac arrest on Tuesday, spoke about her experience on Wednesday.
Speaking to Turkish Cypriot ...
A third lewd video involving Japanese women appeared on the official Facebook page of the north’s ‘agriculture ministry’ at around midday on Tuesday.
The video, the most explicit yet, ...
Former Turkish Cypriot ‘prime minister’ Sibel Siber was arrested on Thursday as part of the ongoing investigation into the “fake prescription scandal”.
Siber, a qualified doctor, was arrested alongside a ...
Turkey’s National Security Council on Thursday called for a written agreement between the ‘Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus’ and the UN peacekeeping force in Cyprus (Unficyp) regarding relations between ...
Turkish Cypriot leader Ersin Tatar met with leaders of the north’s major political parties on Wednesday morning to discuss his trip to New York.
Tatar visited New York on ...
Excavation works have started in the Aloa village, where dozens of Turkish Cypriots were killed ahead of the second leg of the Turkish invasion of Cyprus 1974, the Turkish Cypriot member ...
A raft of high-profile Turkish Cypriots have signed a petition aimed at halting the case against left-wing journalist Ali Kismir.
Kismir stands accused of “insulting and defaming the morality of ...
Sefer Bugra Altundag, the man accused of killing 16-year-old Turkish Cypriot girl Zehie Helin Reessur, was sentenced to three years in military prison on Monday for “violating a military base” ...
Turkish Cypriot leader Ersin Tatar and the north’s ‘foreign minister’ Tahsin Ertugruloglu both condemned the attack on the Koprulu Haci Ibrahim Aga Mosque in Limassol on Saturday.
Tatar described ...
The trial of Sefer Bugra Altundag, who stands accused of murdering 16-year-old Turkish Cypriot girl Zehie Helin Reessur in January, began in Trikomo on Wednesday.
The trial had been adjourned ...
The two men accused of killing British Turkish Cypriot Huseyin Mavideniz were on Saturday imprisoned for a maximum period of three months pending a trial.
Mehmet Yazici and Dogu Omer ...
The Supreme Court on Thursday rejected a case brought forward by Turkish Cypriots in mixed marriages with Turkish nationals seeking Cyprus citizenship for their children, citing that the individuals involved ...
Tuesday marked 59 years since the bombing of Tylliria in 1964 when, from August 7 to 9, Turkish air forces dropped napalm bombs on villages in the area.
“It is a sad day, which ...
Controversy broke out on Thursday following the Famagusta mayor’s invitation to Turkish Cypriots to an anti-occupation event which will take place in the municipality on Saturday.
Elam, Edek and ...