Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Man intubated after gas cylinder explodes

palio

A man was injured from an explosion which appears to have been cased by the incorrect use of a gas cylinder, the fire service announced on Sunday.

The incident happened on Saturday night in Paliometocho, fire service spokesman Andreas Kettis said on Twitter.

The explosion led to a fire in the house.

At 10.12 the firer service received a call about an explosion in the refugee estate in the village.

Kettis said the explosion happened when a person living in the area tried to light a cooking device.

The 26-year-old man was injured in the explosion and taken by ambulance to Nicosia general hospital, where he remains intubated in intensive care in a serious condition.

Lakatamia fire station responded to the call but only carried out an inspection.

Related Posts

‘Role model’ for migrant policy

Andria Kades

Limassol bishop back at work after Covid

Andria Kades

Large number of cases before Ombudswoman concern inclusive access to education

Staff Reporter

JRCC completes training for personnel from Balkan states

Shopkeepers protest lack of cars on Makarios Ave (updated)

Andria Kades

EU should be more involved in Cyprus settlement says Anastasiades

Staff Reporter