A second arrest has been made after incidents of violence at a football match on December 17 in Limassol.
The suspect is a 21-year-old Limassol resident.
Police on Tuesday arrested a 17...
Police on Tuesday arrested a 17-year-old resident of Limassol suspected of being involved in incidents unfolded after the football match between Apollon and Nea Salamina on December 17 at Alphamega Stadium.
...
Nicosia district court on Tuesday fined two people €400 each after they were found guilty of violence in sports stadiums.
They were also excluded from stadiums for three months.
The decision ...
UEFA president Alexander Ceferin urged Europe on Wednesday to help eliminate hooliganism, which he called “the cancer of football”, days after a man was killed in clashes before a match ...
Police on Thursday night arrested another suspect following violence and hooliganism at the Apollon-Apoel football match in May.
The latest arrest concerns a 24-year-old who had been wanted in connection ...
Police on Friday said it was trying to locate three people in connection with the violence during the Apollonas – Apoel game.
The fans are believed to have been involved in ...
Seven people arrested on Monday during checks before an Apoel-Apollon football match will be barred from sports grounds until their cases go to court, Nicosia district court ruled on Tuesday.
...
A minor who lit up a torch during a football match this week has been arrested for violating the law on violence in sports venues, Paphos police said on Saturday.
...
Curfews have been imposed on three people following football violence in Achna, SBA police announced on Tuesday.
The three men appeared in Dhekelia Court on Monday following their arrest for ...
Two young boys were injured at a football match after being hit by a firecracker during the Anorthosis-Ael game in Larnaca, police said on Sunday.
According to authorities, the two ...
A 22-year-old man from Limassol will appear in front of the Nicosia district court on Thursday, after he was arrested during the derby between Omonia and Apoel at GSP Stadium ...
President Nicos Anastasiades is awaiting a report on proposed measures to tackle hooliganism and violence at sporting events, he said on Tuesday.
Asked whether he will take any measures on ...
A 26-year-old man became the third to be charged in writing on Tuesday over violent incidents during a football match last week.
The case concerns a fight among football fans ...
Two men, aged 30 and 31, who were arrested over violent incidents during a football match this week, have been charged in writing, police said on Saturday.
The case concerns a fight ...
Larnaca district court on Monday banned a 23-year-old fan, found guilty of using a dangerous instrument during the Aek – Apoel match held November 22, 2021, at AEK Arena football pitch from attending ...
The justice ministry and police will work closer together to combat violence in stadiums, as the two announced they are spearheading collective efforts to tackle the issue.
On Tuesday, Justice ...
Police have identified two suspects wanted for incidents of football violence and vandalism last Sunday at Limassol’s Tsirio Stadium, which resulted in the cancellation of the scheduled Apollon-AEK match.
...
Cyprus football association (CFA) on Wednesday banned the football fans of AEL, Apollon, Apoel and Anorthosi from attending their next away game following recent violent incidents.
The four first division ...
A 23-year-old man who was found guilty of possessing dangerous objects during a football match was banned from stadiums for six months.
Larnaca district court also imposed a €600 fine on ...
Justice Minister Stephie Dracou said on Tuesday that she will call a meeting with the police following the violent clashes between fans at football match in Limassol.
The clashes between ...
By Dr Panayiotis Mavros
The football match at Nicosia’s GSP stadium two weeks ago between Apoel and AEL resulted in violent incidents between the fans of the teams, who ...
After a flurry of complaints from the north on Wednesday, it was decided that Turkish Cypriot fans of Fenerbahce who do not have a valid Cypriot ID or a permanent ...
Police on Wednesday said they have arrested or charged in writing eight people for various incidents in four different football matches this month as more suspects are wanted.
In total, ...
The Larnaca district court on Tuesday banned a 22-year-old man from attending sporting events until his trial date on November 15 after he admitted to bringing flares to the Antonis Papadopoulos ...