The long-awaited forum is taking place on October 2nd – Early Bird registrations have begun
The second annual Cyprus Forum will take place on Saturday, October 2, 2021, at the Nicosia Municipal Theater, bringing together local and foreign political leaders, important figures from the public and the private sector, the media, academia and civic society.
The Cyprus Forum aims to become a lever and a catalyst for change through discussions and debate leading to commitments, actions and ultimately outcomes that will improve and promote sustainable and socially responsible policy in Cyprus and the wider Eastern Mediterranean region.
Citizens, regardless of socio-economic background, organisations and businesses, officials and politicians who wish to see change, and who favour the promotion of reforms in our country, are welcome to attend the forum. Registration before the event is required.
This year, the Forum will focus on topics under the umbrella of “Launching a new Sustainable Horizon: Cyprus 2040” and exceptional speakers are expected to participate. They will consider climate change, gender equality, and how the Green Deal is transforming Europe, as well as the expectations that local youths have from the EU. They will also discuss the future of health, education, peacebuilding, and the socio-economic models in relation to governance, and how transparency and accountability are to be addressed.
Featured speakers include:
- Annita Demetriou, President of the House of Representatives, Republic of Cyprus
- Mariana Mazzucato, Professor in the Economics of Innovation and Public Value, University College London
- Nicholas Christakis, Sterling Professor of Social and Natural Science, Yale University, US
- Ioannis Kasoulides, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Cyprus
- Frode Overland Andersen, Norway Ambassador to Greece and Cyprus
- Panayiotis Sentonas, Commissioner for the Citizen, Republic of Cyprus
- Nikos Christodoulides, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Cyprus
- Anton Mifsud-Bonnici, Advocate & ESG Master Strategist
- Demetra Kalogerou, Chairwoman, Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission
- Lefteris Christoforou (EPP), Member of the European Parliament
- Costas Mavrides (S&D), Member of the European Parliament
- Kalliopi Agapiou-Josephides, Assistant Professor of Political Science, University of Cyprus, Jean Monnet Chair holder and former Chair of the European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE)
- Vivian Kanari, Journalist, CyBC
- Cleopatra Kitti, Certified Independent Director, INSEAD, non-Executive Director, Eurobank Cyprus; Louis Plc
- Natalia Nicolaidis, CEO Dynamic Counsel, Legal, Risk & Governance Advisor, Board Member, Mytilineos Group
- Argyro Nicolaou, Writer, Filmmaker, Princeton Center for Hellenic Studies
- Magda Zenon, Mediterranean Women Mediators Network
- Fotini Tsiridou, Member, House of Representatives, Republic of Cyprus
For more information regarding the speakers and topics of the forum visit https://www.2021.cyprusforum.cy
For registrations click here. Don’t miss the Early Bird Pass at a special price until the end of July!
For more information, contact Cyprus Forum:
Tel.: +357 22 678 670, email: [email protected], website: www.cyprusforum.cy