A woman suffered mild burns on her hands after attempting to put out a fire that broke out in her apartment in the Paphos district early Friday.
The fire started from a forgotten cooking pot 25 minutes after midnight in a second-floor apartment in Kissonerga.
Before the fire service arrived, the resident attempted to put out the fire herself and as a result, suffered mild burns on her hands.
Afterwards, police and two fire engines arrived at the scene and extinguished the fire, which damaged some appliances in the apartment as well as the paint of the entire flat.
The woman was transferred to the accidents and emergency department of the Paphos general hospital.