Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Baby dies apparently after choking on food (Updated)

ambulances

A 15-month-old baby has died in Limassol after apparently choking on food, police said on Wednesday.

According to the initial police reports, the little boy was pronounced dead after the staff at Limassol hospital’s A&E department were unable to resuscitate him.

The infant was at the house of the woman who had been babysitting him when he choked on the food he was eating, police said.

In her testimony, the woman said that she noticed the boy was choking and performed first aid on him, to no avail.

State broadcaster Cybc reported that the woman is a qualified childcarer who had been looking after four children on the day of the accident.

She reportedly runs a childcaring business from a specially designed space at her house.

Police officers were sent to both the site of the accident and the hospital to investigate, while the social services will be preparing a report on the suitability of the space.

Related Posts

Daily News Briefing

Staff Reporter

Burger Week could send you to see Coldplay

Eleni Philippou

Bird group calls for ban on ground nets

Iole Damaskinos

Parked car in Strovolos completely destroyed by fire

Staff Reporter

Man arrested for burglary, theft of €5,000 in Paphos

Staff Reporter

Man arrested in connection with Larnaca car theft

Staff Reporter