Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Paphos man in serious condition after gas leak sparks kitchen fire

imaddgew
Photo: CNA

A 56-year-old man in Paphos suffered second and third degree burns all over his body on Saturday night after a leaky gas cylinder sparked a fire while he was cooking in his apartment.

According to police, around 7pm, they got a call about a fire in an apartment.
Firefighters and police went to the scene and found the injured man and established what had happened.

The 56-year-old was taken by ambulance to Paphos hospital.

Due to the severity of his injuries, he was transferred Sunday morning to the burn clinic at the Nicosia General Hospital.

Related Posts

House president chides minister over sex education interference

Andria Kades

New art exhibitions nationwide

Eleni Philippou

Education ministry accused of excluding children with disabilities

Antigoni Pitta

Asil Nadir sells Kibris to Erdogan linked company

Nikolaos Prakas

Supreme Court deems VAT reduction unconstitutional

Andria Kades

MPs discuss bill to ban LGBTI+ conversion therapy

Gina Agapiou