Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Woman suffers burns in house fire

ΠΥΡΚΑΓΙΑ ΣΕ ΔΙΑΜΕΡΙΣΜΑ ΣΤΗ ΛΑΡΝΑΚΑ
The blaze in Larnaca on Wednesday

A 70-year-old woman suffered burns on Wednesday after an electric heater started a fire in her Larnaca flat.

The woman was rushed to hospital where she was treated for burns to her arms and legs. Doctors said there were no signs of smoke inhalation and her condition was stable.

The fire service received the call about a fire in a third-floor flat in the Faneromeni area at around 11am.

Three engines responded, putting the blaze under control just before 1pm.

The fire caused extensive damage to the entire flat, the fire service said. Experts examined the scene and determined that it appeared to have started by an electric heater that was close to a bed.

Related Posts

Ports authority ‘wasting taxpayer’s money’ audit finds

Elias Hazou

Coronavirus: Face masks to be reintroduced in pharmacies after uptick cases, hospitalisations

Antigoni Pitta

Sol Hareket member denied entry in Turkey

Gina Agapiou

Man arrested for assisting illegal entry

Staff Reporter

Soldier 27, critical after being injured during helicopter training (Updated)

Gina Agapiou

Still lots to be done for people with disabilities, MPs say

Antigoni Pitta