The health ministry on Tuesday said the maximum number of people allowed at ceremonies is subject to epidemiological changes as it published the four phases of measure relaxations regarding weddings and baptisms.
Following multiple requests from people wishing to schedule wedding or baptism ceremonies, the ministry issued a draft timeline regarding the maximum number of people allowed at such social gatherings.
The aim is a gradual restart while ensuring the safety of people and maintaining the epidemiological situation of the country at a manageable level, the ministry said.
Between May 17 to 31, up to 75 people can gather indoors or 200 people outdoors while cocktail parties are not allowed.
Starting June 1 to June 14, outdoor cocktail parties may be scheduled with a maximum of 250 people, while up to 280 guests can gather for lunch or dinner outdoors or 150 indoors.
The third phase between June 15 to June 30 allows for the gathering of a maximum 250 people indoors for a seated meal or an outdoor cocktail party. Up to 350 guests may participate a lunch or dinner outdoors, with the number increasing to 400 from July 1 to July 30.
In all cases, the relevant health protocols must be followed.
Earlier this year, the association of professional event planners had called for the restart of the sector by April, saying that more than 13,000 couples have postponed their wedding in the last year because of lockdown measures.
Cyprus wedding industry contributes to tourism and is an important source of income for municipalities.