During the month of April the Committee on Missing Persons in Cyprus (CMP) has exhumed additional human remains at an excavation site in Bellapais in the north, bringing the total number of persons recovered at this location to three.
In a press release, the CMP said that so far this year they have exhumed the remains of six persons across the island. Excavations continue throughout Cyprus at seven sites.
«Since January 2021, CMP has identified 12 missing persons despite losing 41 working days due to Covid-19 related movement restrictions in January and February. Work at the Committee’s Anthropological Laboratory resumed at the beginning of March 2021. »
The CMP said that it was also informed on Thursday that Covid-19 related access restrictions, which had been in place for one year, were lifted at 10 military sites in the north. The committee is making preparations to conduct excavations at these locations shortly.
The organisation reminded the public that anyone with information about a missing person can submit it anonymously by calling 151 from the areas controlled by the Republic, or 181 if dialing from the north.