The temporary orders against the members of the advisory epidemiological committee imposed after lawsuits filed by 103 individuals over the legality of the coronavirus decrees have been lifted, the state legal service said on Friday.
According to the legal service, 103 people are suing the Republic of Cyprus, the health minister, and members of the advisory committee on coronavirus on the legality and validity of the decrees imposed to restrict the spread of the virus.
The Nicosia district court has set the hearing of the case on issuing the temporary injunctions for July 1.
The legal service said that following its recommendation, “the plaintiffs agreed to withdraw the application for a temporary injunction against all members of the advisory epidemiological committee, and as a result, the application against them was rejected.”
The Legal Service also recommended the withdrawal of all legal proceedings against the members of the advisory committee, including the lawsuit.
It added that the Republic and the health minister, represented by a team of legal service lawyers, objected to the issuance of these temporary injunctions.
According to daily Alithia, the lawsuits were filed by British, Russians, French and Cypriots, all permanent residents, on the argument that the measures taken, were not necessary, and that their human rights were violated by the lockdowns.
It had emerged on Thursday that members of the government’s coronavirus advisory committee had been named in legal cases against the restrictions. The government had decided it would cover their legal fees.