Hellenic Bank’s contribution to volunteerism was recently recognised by the Pancyprian Volunteerism Coordinative Council (PVCC). The PVCC awarded Hellenic Bank for its #HBVolunteersChallenge initiative, which was part of the Pancyprian Volunteerism Week 2020.
The bank received its honour at the press conference of the PVCC, held on November 29, 2021 at the Olympic Building, under the auspices of the First Lady of the Republic of Cyprus, Mrs. Andri Anastasiades.
“The award given by the Pancyprian Volunteerism Coordinative Council is a special honour for Hellenic Bank,” commented George Christodoulides, Hellenic Bank Head of Human Resources.
“Starting from the #HBVolunteersChallenge, we had set our sights on establishing this initiative as a long-standing tradition for the promotion of volunteerism at Hellenic Bank.
“Its success rests entirely with the Organisation’s staff, which I would like to publicly thank. We are certain that they will once again embrace and collectively join the #HBVolunteersChallenge 2021.”
The #HBVolunteersChallenge was launched last year to promote volunteerism within the organisation, by encouraging staff members to become involved in implementing and planning voluntary actions.
During the #HBVolunteersChallenge 2020, the Bank’s staff participated in more than 200 voluntary actions.
Such actions included:
- Delivering help packages to needy families, children, the sick and the elderly, as well as to charitable organisations
- Donating tablets and laptops to nursing homes
- Cleaning a section of Nicosia’s Athalassa National Forest Park
- Donating food to the Nicosia Dog Shelter
- Fundraising to support charitable associations and foundations
- Purchasing incubator cover cases for the “Mora Thavmata” organisation, earmarked for the incubators of the Makarios Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Supporting 84 families via the “Adopt a family for Christmas” campaign, implemented by the PVCC.
The Hellenic Bank Volunteers Team was created in 2020, with the purpose of coordinating and enhancing the voluntary initiatives of the staff, as part of the organisation’s sustainability strategy.
With the goal of further upgrading its social contribution, this year Hellenic Bank is once again organising the #HBVolunteersChallenge 2021, renewing its call for all staff members to organise their own voluntary action.