A 31-year-old man will stand trial on December 8 in connection with an incident with football fans outside the Antonis Papadopoulos stadium in Larnaca on April 30, the Cyprus News Agency reported on Thursday.
A police spokesman told the news agency that the defendant had appeared before Larnaca district court where he was charged with causing a disturbance. The defendant pleaded not guilty.
The court set the date for the trial to start on December 8 and renewed an order prohibiting him from entering any football stadiums in Cyprus until then, he added.
The defendant also posted bail of €2,000.
The defendant had presented himself to Larnaca police CID last month saying he was among people sought by police in connection with the incidents of April 30. He was charged in writing and released.
Reports said fans of Anorthosis and Apollon had started small fires with fireworks in a field opposite the Antonis Papadopoulos stadium which were put out by police and the fire service.
Five police cars were also reportedly damaged.