Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Bedridden man saved from house fire in Chlorakas

fire 3
File photo

A bedridden paraplegic man narrowly escaped death on Saturday evening after a fire broke out in his house in Chlorakas in Paphos.

With the help of neighbours, firefighters managed to rescue the paraplegic man from his bedroom.

He was taken by ambulance to Paphos hospital and had suffered second and third degree burns on various parts of his body. His condition is said to be serious but stable.

From preliminary examinations by Paphos police and the fire service at the scene, arson was ruled out and first indications appeared to show that the fire was caused by a lit cigarette.

Follow the Cyprus Mail on Google News

Related Posts

North university ‘in millions of debt’

Tom Cleaver

‘Cyprus can play a role in stabilising Middle East’

Tom Cleaver

Disparity in gaming commission board allowances raises concerns

Elias Hazou

Get to know Cyprus’ vineyards and producers

Eleni Philippou

Lakatamia mayor alleges election interference

Tom Cleaver

Government denies involvement in Israeli air exercise

Nikolaos Prakas