Two separate Covid-19 clusters discovered at Paphos general hospital are set to be thoroughly monitored, state health service (Okypy) spokesman Charalambos Charilaou said on Wednesday.
Speaking to the Cyprus News Agency, Charilaou said the chain of transmission was brought about by a visitor at the hospital, therefore visits to patients were suspended for two to three days.
“All patients who tested positive were immediately transferred to the Covid-19 ward,” Charilaou said. “That said, none of the staff members tested positive so far.
“Our appeal to visitors is to test at least 24 hours before coming to hospitals, to keep visits brief and to always wear a mask, as specified by the protocol in place to prevent the spread of the virus.”
Charilaou, however, said that the current Covid-19 situation at the Paphos general hospital is manageable and that more beds can be added to the ward if necessary.
Follow the Cyprus Mail on Google News