The British bases have announced on Friday that controlled explosions will take place at Akrotiri between May 18 and 20.
The small-scale explosions are part of routine operations and will be carried ...
A 35-year-old Ukrainian man has been identified as the victim of a fatal traffic accident that occurred on Saturday afternoon in Akrotiri.
According to statements released on Sunday, police said ...
A motorcyclist died in a traffic accident in Akrotiri on Saturday, while his female passenger was injured when their bike crashed with a car, the British Bases said.
The driver ...
The daughter of an RAF commander who slashed another young woman’s face with a wine glass during a drunken altercation in the Akrotiri base area has been jailed for 14 ...
President Nikos Christodoulides on Tuesday said he has a “specific plan” for the future of the two British bases areas in Cyprus, with the government continuing its push for a ...
Kourion mayor Pantelis Georgiou on Tuesday stressed what he believes to be an elevated risk of cancer linked to the placement of communications antennae in the British Akrotiri base area, ...
The United Kingdom has informed the government of its intention to install a cluster of 32 antennas at RAF Akrotiri, covering a range of up to 340 square kilometres.
“To allay concerns, ...
It is “impossible” to abolish the United Kingdom’s bases in Cyprus without first solving the Cyprus problem, former Turkish Cypriot leader Mehmet Ali Talat said, amid ongoing rumblings from ...
The government us undertaking preparations “at all levels” for negotiations to take place with the United Kingdom over the future of the British bases in Cyprus, government spokesman Konstantinos Letymbiotis ...
The United Kingdom’s defence ministry has refuted reports that an Iranian missile intercepted over northern Lebanon was aimed at British bases in Cyprus, as new regional developments add further ...
British forces have deployed Stormer air defence vehicles to Cyprus to bolster reinforcement of the island’s airspace, the UK defence ministry confirmed on Tuesday.
The Stormer high velocity missile ...
The government has sought legal advice regarding the treaty which established the United Kingdom’s two sovereign bases in Cyprus, deputy government spokesman Yiannis Antoniou said on Tuesday.
He told ...
President Nikos Christodoulides said on Friday that Cyprus will seek a reassessment of the future of the British bases once the current regional crisis subsides, declaring that “everything is on ...
The United Kingdom’s bases in Cyprus are “a colonial remnant”, President Nikos Christodoulides said on Wednesday, before calling for their status to be up for discussion following the conclusion ...
British Foreign Secretary Yvette Cooper has said that her government takes its relationship with Cyprus “immensely seriously” while facing questions from MPs regarding the decisions taken regarding its bases on ...
Pupils returned to their schools on Monday following Friday’s lifting of the evacuation order in Akrotiri.
“We have returned to our daily lives and the children are back in ...
The nursery school and primary school in the village of Akrotiri, as well as the village’s environmental education centre will reopen on Monday, the education ministry confirmed on Friday.
...
United States officials were flown from the Harir airbase near the Iraqi city of Erbil to the United Kingdom’s Akrotiri airbase in Cyprus, the Cyprus Mail has been informed, ...
Pupils of the nursery school and primary school in the village of Akrotiri, both of which have been closed for a week in the aftermath of a drone strike on ...
The parents’ association in Akrotiri on Monday requested the temporary relocation of the community’s nursery and primary schools, citing growing fears following last week’s drone attack on the ...
The sirens went off once again in Akrotiri and residents received an sms concerning an ongoing security threat.
The alert was over a few minutes later.
“There is an ongoing ...
British families residing in the British Akrotiri base will remain evacuated until next Friday in a precautionary measure amid the ongoing tensions in the region, the bases said on Saturday.
...
Germany has said it will not send military support to Cyprus despite rising security concerns in the eastern Mediterranean, arguing that its defence responsibilities are concentrated on Nato’s eastern ...
Commissioner of the presidency, Marios Hartsiotis, visited residents of Akrotiri staying in three Limassol hotels on Friday morning, assuring them that the state is supporting their safety, health and well-being ...