There were no indications the parliament’s website had been attacked by hackers on Monday, a senior official said.
Research, Innovation and Digital Policy Minister Kyriacos Kokkinos said it had been determined the site had experienced a technical problem.
Speaking on state radio on Tuesday, Kokkinos said parliament’s statement that its site had been attacked by a Turkish hacker was unfortunate and hasty.
Parliament issued the statement on Monday after there was a delay in uploading a list with the names of 22 politically exposed persons with bad debts at the former co-op bank.
Parliament said its website had been under attack by a Turkish hacker for a few hours on Monday morning, just like the websites of the defence ministry and Larnaca airport had been recently.
“All the necessary actions are being taken to stop the attacks, without this having affected the website so far, but at this time, as it is understood, the website cannot be updated,” an announcement said.
It added that the day’s material such as committee agendas and as well as the publication of minutes of last Friday’ session with the PEPs report and the audit service’s list “will be posted as soon as the situation allows.”