On May 17, 2019, I applied for Cyprus citizenship. I paid 300 euros (not a few millions). I was assured that in no more than 10 months I would have Cypriot citizenship. Obviously, two years later, I don’t.
So far, I have done the following, but to no avail:
- Made numerous phone calls to Civil Registry and Migration Dept. 22308808 and 22308811. Nobody picked up.
- Left 23 messages on their answering machine. Nobody replied.
- Launched a complaint via their (unfriendly) portal. No reply
- Left a personal message on minister Nicos Nouris’s facebook account. He didn’t bother to reply.
- Sent an SMS to 1199 and received a reply ‘your application is still under examination’.
One year after my application, they told me ”your application is with the minister for signature”. After one and a half years, they told me “due to covid we are delayed”
A few months earlier, they told me “we are relocating our offices, so we are delayed”.
A few weeks ago, they told me, “your application is with the minister for signature”. What the heck, doesn’t this minister have a pen???
I am a Polish woman, married with a Cypriot and have been living and working here for the last 15 years. I pay my taxes, social insurance, Gesy etc. My case needs no more than 10 minutes to be examined.
In addition to the stress and injustice this is causing me, I am deprived of my right to vote in the upcoming elections.
Name and address supplied