Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Candle causes fire in Emba maisonette

fire paphos
File photo

A fire that broke out late on Tuesday in a maisonette in Emba was caused by a lit candle, Paphos police said on Wednesday.

Officers and firefighters rushed to the scene around 10.30pm when the blaze broke out at the maisonette’s bedroom on the first floor.

Six people who lived in the residence, located on Ayios Lazaros street, were not harmed, police said.

However, the blaze caused extensive damage to the wall, and the paint of the building while one bedroom was destroyed.

Police said the owner of the residence has not been located.

Preliminary investigations showed the fire appears to have started by a lit candle, since there was no electricity at the flat.

 

Follow the Cyprus Mail on Google News

Related Posts

Cyprus ready to host football world

Tom Cleaver

Christodoulides to meet Chinese ambassador over Vasiliko row

Tom Cleaver

CMC hits back in escalating Vasiliko spat (Updated)

Tom Cleaver

Over 300 aid pallets unloaded on Gaza jetty’s first day

Tom Cleaver

Waiter stabs customer in bill dispute

Tom Cleaver

‘Do not turn your back on the electoral process’

Tom Cleaver