Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Fire caused by cigarette damages house

firemen
File photo

A fire in a house in Paphos was caused by a lit cigarette butt forgotten on the premises, the Fire Service said on Thursday.

The fire broke out around noon on Wednesday and caused extensive damage to the home, which was empty at the time.

Two fire engines were sent from the Paphos station to put out the blaze.

Police and the Fire Service determined after their investigations that the fire was caused by a forgotten cigarette butt on a couch in the home.

Related Posts

Improving customer experience crucial to banking sector success

Kyriacos Nicolaou

Cyprus Business Now

Kyriacos Nicolaou

Price of consumer staples see-saw in December

Sarah Ktisti

Construction of new Cyprus museum begins on December 12

Sarah Ktisti

Cyprus seeks access to Schengen Information Exchange System to create more effective border controls

Sarah Ktisti

College of Europe offering scholarships for TC students for the 2023 – 2024 academic year