A meeting was held at the attorney-general’s office on Monday, after police efforts to locate Angelos Perikleous, missing since April 20, have failed.
According to reports, the meeting was held to discuss evidence and testimony about Perikleous’ disappearance, as police believe that he was murdered and buried somewhere outside Limassol.
“Today, there was a meeting at the attorney-general’s office to discuss the witness testimony we have collected until now, to decide how we will proceed,” police spokesman Christos Andreou said.
On Wednesday, the remand for the 25-year-old main suspect in 31-year-old Perikleous’ disappearance in expected to expire.
Two other suspects, the 25-year-old’s uncle and another 38-year-old are also expected to have their remands expire.
On Sunday, authorities said the uncle, 71, of the main suspect claimed he would lead police to possible burial sites of Perikleous’ body.
A Limassol court renewed the remand of the 71-year-old for another three days, as he agreed to point officers to areas he visited with his nephew while he was planning the murder.
Meanwhile, the court renewed the remand of another suspect related to the crime, a 38-year-old man.
So far, police investigations failed to discover the body of the Limassol man, who disappeared on April 22 after he allegedly met with the 24-year-old hacker. Search operations focus in Zygi and Tochni where Perikleous’ phone last emitted a phone signal.
The nephew allegedly woke his uncle up on April 21 and pointing the gun at him, told him to help him burn Perikleous’ car.
The vehicle was later found at a shooting range in Paliometocho, Nicosia.
The 25-year-old allegedly detailed to his uncle how the killing took place, everything which preceded it and how evidence was destroyed.
He is also facing charges in connection with car arson, conspiring to commit a crime, illegal possession of a gun and illegal possession and transportation of bullets.