Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Wine growers given monetary aid due to Ukraine war

Wine

The Cyprus Agricultural Payments Organisation (CAPO) on Wednesday announced that support has been issued for emergency relief due to Ukraine war’s impact on farming.

The payments issued total €279,945 and provide financial aid to wine growers of Xynisteri and Dopio Mavro vineyards, whose grapes from the 2022 harvest did not reach the market and would remain unharvested resulting in a complete write-off.

Beneficiaries were both natural and legal persons recorded in the Viticultural Register, who own vineyards with an area of at least one decare (1,000 square metres) Xynisteri and/or Dopio Mavro grape varieties.

The EU contribution to the aid is 48 per cent while the remaining 52 per cent comes from national financing.

Follow the Cyprus Mail on Google News

Related Posts

Lakatamia mayor alleges election interference

Tom Cleaver

Government denies involvement in Israeli air exercise

Nikolaos Prakas

Cyprus mulls law amendments for access to banking information

Elias Hazou

Parolee arrested in confrontation with victim’s brother

Jonathan Shkurko

Policeman run over in Limassol

Tom Cleaver

Larnaca port and marina developer renewing financial guarantee

Jonathan Shkurko