Cyprus Mail

Two children escape fire in home

fire engine 07
File photo

Two children have escaped largely unharmed after a fire broke out in their home in Lakatamia on Monday.

According to the fire brigade, the fire began at about 9:10am in the kitchen of a residential property as the result of a lit candle.

The property’s owner attempted to put the fire out with a garden hose before two fire engines arrived to tackle the blaze.

His two children, aged 14 and 10, exhibited symptoms of smoke inhalation and were given first aid.

Follow the Cyprus Mail on Google News

Related Posts

Cyprus, Greece share common goals on Cyprus problem, says President

Jonathan Shkurko

Health minister discusses key Gesy issues with medical association

Jonathan Shkurko

Benefits of cable sought before investment decision made

Elias Hazou

Touch(ed) by plastic at Limassol theatre

Eleni Philippou

Ten migrant boats arrive over three days

Jonathan Shkurko

House president, minister lock horns over double pensions

Elias Hazou