Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

North ‘ministry’ fumes over doctored video of ‘minister’

oguz

The north’s ‘interior ministry’ on Thursday reacted angrily to a doctored video of ‘minister’ Dursun Oguz which had circulated on social media in recent days.

The video in question featured footage of a televised interview in which Oguz had spoken about the sale of property in the north to third country nationals, which had been edited to give the appearance that he had said things he had not.

The video gave the impression that Oguz had said “where is the state? There is no state” and that foreign buyers are “completely circumventing the state”.

In response, the ‘ministry’ said the video had “created some perceptions which are not compatible with reality.”

They added that what Oguz had actually said is “clear and in the archives”.

“Our interior ministry has initiated the work to take the necessary measures and create legislation to completely eliminate the unregistered purchases and sales of property … and will complete this task in a short period of time,” they said.

Follow the Cyprus Mail on Google News

Related Posts

New hospital in Polis Chrysochous possible, says minister

Jonathan Shkurko

Alpha Bank pledges commitment to Cyprus economy in meeting with president

Souzana Psara

UN envoy Holguin to return in March

Nikolaos Prakas

HIO rejects €10 million in healthcare claims

Jean Christou

Patient sets bed on fire at Limassol hospital

Staff Reporter

Investment funds fueling sustainable growth in Cyprus, association says

Kyriacos Nicolaou