A first-floor house in Kato Amiandos was damaged by fire believed to have started in the chimney, the fire service said on Thursday.
It said that fire fighters had responded to a call at 21.26 on Wednesday, with one fire engine from Moniatis and another from the British Bases in Troodos. Water coils and respiratory equipment were used, it added.
Two people who were in the house when the fire broke out were able to exit without injuries, as was the resident of the ground-floor house. The community leader made arrangements for them to spend the night elsewhere. As a result of the fire and heat, the upper house and its contents sustained considerable damage.
Moreover, at around 4.am on Thursday, the fire service said it had responded to a call regarding two cars that were on fire in Pano Polemdhia. Both suffered considerable damage. Police are investigating.
Follow the Cyprus Mail on Google News