Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Faulty chimney causes fire in three-storey Emba house

fire night housebig
File photo. Photo source: CNA

Fire broke out on Monday shortly after 9pm in a three-storey house in Emba village in Paphos.

The police and the fire services arrived at the scene and brought the fire under control within 25 minutes.

The owners, who were indoors at the time, escaped unscathed but the plasterboard and wooded framing surrounding the fireplace were damaged.

The fire appears to have been caused by a faulty chimney.

Follow the Cyprus Mail on Google News

Related Posts

Over 300 aid pallets unloaded on Gaza jetty’s first day

Tom Cleaver

Waiter stabs customer in bill dispute

Tom Cleaver

‘Do not turn your back on the electoral process’

Tom Cleaver

Cyprus receives LGBT human rights score of 34 per cent

Tom Cleaver

Cyprus was inhabited earlier than previously thought

Tom Cleaver

Man remanded for fatal hit and run

Tom Cleaver