The health ministry announced 107 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday from 35,028 PCR and rapid tests, giving a positivity rate of 0.3%.
No new deaths occurred. The total to date remains at 229 with an average age of 79.
There are 81 people in hospitals of whom 24 are in serious condition and 14 of those intubated.
Of the total 35,028 laboratory tests, 916 were PCR and 34,112 rapid tests, which found 60 of the 107 positives
The remainder of the positives came through PCR as follows:
- 34 from 128 samples obtained through contact tracing
- 1 from 84 samples through tracking secondary case contacts.
- 7 from 351 samples taken through private initiative.
- 5 from 145 samples processed in hospital labs
In addition, the following tests were performed without detecting any positives:
- 34 rapid tests done on private initiative
- 205 samples taken under the programme of referrals by GPs
- 3 samples from Cyprus Basketball Federation and the Cyprus Volleyball Federation.