The health ministry announced one death and 463 positives for Covid-19 from 31,677 PCR and rapid tests with a positivity rate of 1.46 per cent.
The death concerned a man aged 80 who had one dose of a vaccine.
Whether or not those who died had underlying conditions is withheld.
Total deaths since March 2020 stand at 313 with an average age of 78.
There are 274 people in hospitals of whom 71 are in serious condition. Of those, 29 are intubated.
Of the 31,677 tests on Saturday, 7,076 were PCR and 24,601 rapid tests, yielding 463 positives as follows:
- 43 from 671 samples obtained through contact tracing
- 3 from 3,230 samples taken at airports
- 128 from 3,019 samples taken through private initiative.
- 11 from 142 samples tested in hospital labs
- 11 from 190 samples tested in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies
- 267 from 24,411 samples tested under the ministry’s free programme
There were 102 positives in Nicosia from 9,909 tests, 65 in Limassol from 5,737 tests, 53 in Larnaca from 4,517 tests, 25 in Paphos from 2,201 tests and 19 in Famagusta from 1,885 tests.
From 162 samples taken in the National Guard, 3 positives were detected.