In this video, Melissa Maker, host of the Clean My Space YouTube channel, covers six ways of getting us back on track with reducing household waste while keeping the domestic budget in control.
Her suggestions are particularly pertinent as some places begin to emerge from the shadow of Covid-19, and the emphasis worldwide lockdowns placed on home deliveries of food and other essential goods.
Advisory, the video includes a laundry-detergent product promotion.
Her suggestions include:
- Replacing one-time use products with a high-quality, multiple-use alternative
- Composting of food to return nutrients back to the soil
- Buy minimally-packaged cleaning supplies
- Employ the ‘first-in, first-out’ principle – prioritise consumption of earliest-bought food items
- Upcycling – before donating high-quality items, consider putting them to use in a different capacity
- Re-using, using multiple-use or avoiding plastic shopping bags
View the original video here.
Good Living is the Cyprus Mail’s portal of curated content from across the internet, showcasing local and global ideas, cultural highlights, and scientific and technological developments to inspire a sustainable life.