The vaccination portal will open on Monday at 7.30 am for appointments to vaccinate children aged over 12 following cabinet’s decision to expand vaccinations to the 12 to 15 age group, the health ministry said on Friday, as it issued clarifications on how the procedure will work for 12 to 17 year olds.
It said that taking into consideration of the Cyprus Association of Pediatricians and the Consultative Scientific Committee and in an effort to increase the vaccination coverage of the population, cabinet had approved a proposal to expand vaccinations to minors aged 12 to 15. Currently, the age limit is 16.
The ministry said that the parents/legal guardians and the pediatricians of the children can book an appointment through the vaccination portal, choosing mRNA (Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna) vaccines which currently are the only vaccines approved by the European Medicines Agency for those aged 12 and over.
On visiting the vaccination centre for their first dose, underage children must present:
- the form with the written consent of the parents/guardians to vaccinate the child with a Covid-19 vaccine signed by both parents/guardians unless and under the law (on presentation of a court decision) this is not required. The form must be handed over at the vaccination centre
- Document of identification (eg ID, passport, alien registration etc)
- If the minor is accompanied by the parents/guardians (or one of the two) they must show ID. The consent form is presented to the vaccination centre officials for identification purposes.
- On arrival at the vaccination centre for the second dose, the minor must show an ID or other official document for verification purposes
- For both the first and second dose, the minor can be accompanied by an adult other than the parents/guardians. In this case, health professionals at the vaccination centre will contact the parent/guardian by telephone before the vaccination to confirm that the adult accompanying the child had been authorised to do so.
The health ministry urged strict adherence to the above to avoid delays at the vaccination centre.
The form can be downloaded here