Cyprus Mail
EuropeGlobal terrorismWorld

“Nothing personal” in 2015 Paris attacks, main suspect tells court

The main suspect in the 2015 Islamist attacks that killed 130 people in Paris told a French court on Wednesday that there was nothing personal about the attacks, French BFM television reported.

“We attacked France, we targeted the population but it was nothing personal,” Salah Abdeslam was quoted as saying.

Abdeslam, 31, is believed by prosecutors to be the only surviving member of the Islamic State cell that carried out the gun-and-bomb attacks on bars, restaurants, the Bataclan concert hall and the Stade de France stadium on Nov. 13, 2015.

Abdeslam disrupted the trial last week to make political statements from the dock, prompting the judge to briefly suspend the hearing.

Follow the Cyprus Mail on Google News

Related Posts

Ukraine allows some convicts to join armed forces

Vatican urges caution over weeping Madonnas and other supposed apparitions

Turkey opposition chief cool to constitution talks with Erdogan

Tree planted in UK for peace in Cyprus ‘vandalised’

Tom Cleaver

Russia says US ‘playing with fire’ in ‘indirect war’ with Moscow

Reuters News Service

Fierce fighting in northern Gaza as Israel defends itself at World Court

Reuters News Service