Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Woman hospitalised after house fire

fire engine 03

A fire that broke out from a lit candle in a Yeri apartment resulted to the hospitalisation of a woman before it was extinguished by a neighbour, the fire service said on Saturday.

The woman attempted to put out the fire with a blanket, fire service spokesman Andreas Kettis said in a tweet.

“She inhaled smoke and was picked up by the ambulance,” he said.

The fire brigade received a call about the blaze at 10.42am on Saturday morning.

However, the fire was extinguished by a neighbour and fire fighters only ventilated and inspected the area, he said.

From the fire, some minor equipment in the room was damaged.

Related Posts

Over 43,000 people visited museums and sites in Larnaca so far this year

Staff Reporter

Mother of little Asya slams authorities in north for failing to provide meds and supplies

Gina Agapiou

Bank of Cyprus ‘unequivocally’ rejects Lone Star’s takeover proposal (Updated)

Jean Christou

Cyprus’ role in Greek spy scandal will come to the fore, Papadakis says

Online Cyprob meetings to resume next week

Sarah Ktisti

Kypria International Festival opens on September 6

Eleni Philippou