The fire service on Saturday said that a gas leak incident was reported and resolved in a tavern in Ayia Napa on Friday night.
The incident, which took place around 8pm involved a leak which originated from a 500-litre cylinder.
The fire service dispatched a chemical truck and a pump truck to the scene, where the service determined that the gas loss occurred at the base of the cylinder.
Their team took action by spraying water to disperse the gas while implementing safety measures to isolate the surrounding area.
Additionally, they attempted to seal the cylinder with a special paste but were unsuccessful.
Eventually, a technician removed the cylinder and the gas was transferred to another cylinder in Nicosia.
According to the fire service, the cause of the leak was attributed to the cylinder’s corrosion resulting from exposure to the elements.