The 59-year-old mother of the man suspected to have killed Angelos Perikleous was released on Tuesday as her son and another relative remain in custody.
Meanwhile, police have said they found new evidence linked to the 31-year-old’s disappearance.
The Nicosia court ordered for the 25-year-old man, a hacker, as well as his 71-year-old uncle, to remain in custody. The younger suspect’s mother was released on bonds with a €20,000 bail. She will also have to present herself to the police station twice a day.
The trial of the case is expected on June 6.
Earlier on Tuesday, officers unearthed gun casings believed to be connected to the death of Angelos Perikleous, who has been missing for almost a month.
Efforts to uncover evidence and find pointers to the location of Perikleous’ body were stepped up as a 25-member team of police officers and civil defence members widened their search across Mari, Vasiliko and Governor’s Beach in Limassol.
Sniffer dogs and drones were sweeping the area, with police increasingly believing they have narrowed down the area the crime may have been committed.
Gun casings and a number of tools including ropes, chains and batons were discovered.
Limassol Deputy CID chief Costas Michail told reporters “some objects have been detected that appear to be connected to the investigation.”
They are believed to have been discovered inside an old fridge in area where electrical items are discarded.
Perikleous, 31, was reported missing on April 20. Police issued a missing person plea for help bulletin two days later.
He is now believed to be dead and a 25-year-old man is facing charges of premeditated murder. His trial will begin on June 6.
A spokesperson for the police said no traces of the body have been found yet.
Also to face trial are the main suspect’s 59-year-old mother, believed to have provided a false alibi for her son, and his 71-year-old uncle, who told officers his nephew held him at gunpoint and told him to help him hide Perikleous’ body.