This video is meant to expand your general knowledge about living a healthy life and is NOT a substitute for seeking medical advice. Please consult with your doctor before making any significant changes in your health practices, diet and nutrition
In this video, Dr. Berg, a chiropractor who specialises in healthy ketosis and Intermittent Fasting, talks about SIBO or Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth.
SIBO occurs when there is an abnormal increase in the overall bacterial population in the small intestine — particularly types of bacteria not commonly found in that part of the digestive tract.
Symptoms of SIBO include:
- Gas – from an excess fermentation which is the microbes eating too much food and fibre
- Constipation or diarrhea
Causes of SIBO:
- Low Hydrochloric Acid
- Frequent eating – not giving the body a chance to rest and clean out the colon in between meals.
Causes of Low Hydrochloric Acid
- Junk Food
- Consuming too much alkaline water
- Baking soda
What NOT to do with SIBO:
- Add more fibre to your diet – the bacteria live on fibre and sugar. Don’t consume as many vegetables, just small amounts.
- Add probiotics
What you SHOULD do:
- Intermittent Fasting – this gives your body a chance to rest and clean out the residue and food particles between the meals.
- Acidify the stomach – take Apple Cider Vinegar and Betaine Hydrochloride
- Lower stress – stress makes it worse
- Clove, garlic, oregano – to help balance out the good and bad bacteria.
View the original video here.
Good Living is the Cyprus Mail’s portal of curated content from across the internet, showcasing local and global ideas, cultural highlights, and scientific and technological developments to inspire a sustainable life.