People affected by the wildfire that swept through Limassol villages are asked to report damages by Wednesday, deputy Limassol district governor Elektra Panayiotou said on Monday.
“The crews are finding ...
The total cost of the massive wildfire in the Limassol mountains last week could rise by an additional €20 million, mainly due to long-term environmental destruction, Professor Theodoros Zachariadis of the ...
Veterinary services in Limassol are currently caring for 144 dogs and 37 cats rescued from the devastating wildfires, while volunteer organisations continue to assist in the affected areas, Animal Welfare Commissioner Antonia ...
The Turkish Cypriot authorities would have sent a helicopter to help fight the wildfire which killed two people in the Limassol district this week, had their offer of help been ...
Justice Minister Marios Hartsiotis on Friday evening rushed to clarify statements he had made earlier in the day about the wildfire in the Limassol which killed two this week, saying ...
The mosque in the Limassol district village of Malia suffered serious damage in the wildfire which has been raging in the region since Wednesday.
Bicommunal technical committee on cultural heritage ...
Several ancient monuments have been damaged by the recent wildfire in Limassol, though many others remain unharmed, the Department of Antiquities said in a statement on Friday.
An inspection of 62 ...
A wildfire which broke out between the Kyrenia district villages of Ayios Amvrosios and Charkeia on Friday has been brought under control.
Turkish Cypriot Ayios Epiktitos and Ayios Amvrosios mayor ...
The fire brigade is “dealing with resurgences” in the Limassol district wildfire near the village of Omodos, its spokesman Andreas Kettis said on Friday afternoon.
According to the Cyprus News ...
The electricity authority (EAC) is “intensively” continuing its efforts to restore power to fire-affected areas of the Limassol district, with every village in the district now receiving at least a ...
DNA identification results on the charred remains of the two people found in a burnt out car in the area of the large fire that swept Limassol villages are still ...
The fire service on Friday apologised for not being able to help all those in need during the wildfire that swept through villages in mountainous Limassol destroying homes and killing ...
The Limassol district village of Arsos was “left without support from the state” after firefighters withdrew from the frontline of the fire near the village on Wednesday, its mukhtar Yiannakis ...
Turkish Cypriot leadership election candidate Tufan Erhurman on Thursday afternoon visited the coordination centre which was set up to organise the response to the wildfire which has been raging in ...
The new wildfire breaking out in the Paphos district on Thursday appeared to be in remission by early afternoon, but local authorities advised residents to remain on alert.
The blaze ...
A total of three villages impacted by the ongoing wildfire in the Limassol district have been reconnected to the electrical grid, electricity authority (EAC) spokeswoman Christina Papadopoulou confirmed on Thursday ...
Roads across the Limassol district were closed on Thursday as a wildfire which started on Wednesday afternoon continued to burn.
The road between the village of Trimiklini and the villages ...
The fire which broke out on Wednesday at a landfill in the Paphos district village of Ayia Marinouda caused a “huge ecological disaster”, Paphos district governor Charalambos Pittokopitis said on ...
President Nikos Christodoulides on Thursday cancelled his planned meeting with Egypt’s Petroleum Minister Karim Badawi in light of a deadly wildfire which was raging in the Limassol district on ...
The wildfire which broke out in the Limassol district and has thus far killed two people was arson, fire brigade chief Nikos Longinos said on Thursday.
Speaking to CyBC radio, ...
The fire which broke out on Wednesday at a landfill in the Paphos district village of Ayia Marinouda was contained shortly before midnight, fire brigade spokesman Andreas Kettis said on ...
Offers made by Turkish Cypriots for help in fighting a wildfire in the Limassol district, which killed two and caused dozens to be evacuated from their homes, were rejected by ...
Two people have been confirmed dead and dozens more have been evacuated from their homes as the wildfire burning in the hills above Limassol remained out of control on Thursday ...
As wildfires continue to threaten villages in the Limassol district, emergency support is being offered from across the region, with local businesses and community groups stepping in to help fire ...