Through our fire coverage on Limassol fire, readers can follow verified updates, eyewitness accounts, and official statements from authorities. From the first reports of smoke to the ongoing firefighting efforts, possible evacuations across villages and environmental recovery, we bring you the latest Limassol fire news as it unfolds — fact-checked, timely, and focused on the people affected.
The government has received more than 500 applications from farmers and livestock breeders for financial aid in the form of “reactivation plans” in the wake of the wildfire which tore through ...
The results of the investigation carried out by the United States’ Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) into the cause of and the circumstances surrounding the wildfire which ...
Fourteen days after the devastating wildfires that ravaged Limassol district, one of Cyprus’s most cherished boutique wineries, Monolithos in Pachna, has finally been reconnected to the electricity grid, offering ...
Authorities said on Thursday they hope by next week to complete cataloguing the damage caused to some 700 premises during the devastating wildfires that swept through mountain communities in the Limassol ...
By Elias Hazou
American investigators on Thursday visited ‘ground zero’, the site where the devastating fires of July broke out.
The team of experts from the US Bureau of Alcohol, ...
Residents whose homes were destroyed in recent wildfires will receive compensation based on current market prices to rebuild, not the reduced value of their old properties, Interior Minister, Constantinos Ioannou, ...
The government has approved a new plan to upgrade and restructure the Civil defence, aiming to improve crisis response and coordination following the recent wildfire in the hills of Limassol ...
Members of the US Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) have arrived in Cyprus to assist in investigating the recent devastating fires in the mountainous area of ...
A former chief fire officer has backed the current fire chief’s efforts during the recent devastating wildfire, saying he did his best with the personnel available, and instead blamed ...
The Cyprus Institute has developed an innovative pilot system for detecting fires, based on satellite data and the processing power of a super-computer, which can be made available to the ...
Many were surprised to hear that President Christodoulides had asked the United States government to send a team of experts to conduct investigations on how the recent fires started, evaluate ...
Interior Minister Constantinos Ioannou informed the cabinet on Wednesday over progress in implementing compensation measures under his ministry’s control to support those affected by the Limassol fire.
In a ...
Despite the government’s reassurances, there was no coordinated response to the fire which swept Limassol in July, the chairman of the House interior committee, Aristos Damianou said on Wednesday.
...
The agriculture ministry on Wednesday said it has already granted almost €3 million worth of financial assistance to farmers and livestock breeders who were impacted by the wildfire which tore through ...
A sense of very cautious optimism is returning to Cyprus as authorities move swiftly to strengthen the island’s wildfire response mechanisms. Following a deadly blaze that swept through a ...
Cyprus remains dangerously unprepared for wildfires, Charalambos Theopemptou, chair of the House environment committee warned on Wednesday.
Speaking after Tuesday’s high-level parliamentary session, Theopemptou said the country had failed ...
President Nikos Christodoulides on Wednesday said he was satisfied with what he has seen so far in terms of implementing decisions taken to support those affected by the Limassol fires.
...
A specialised US federal team will arrive in Cyprus on Wednesday night to assist in the investigation and evaluation of the deadly wildfires that ravaged mountainous Limassol last month, assistant ...
Fire chief Nikos Longinos on Tuesday defended his actions during the wildfire which tore through the Limassol district and killed two people last month, saying he could not go above ...
MPs raising concerns over the government’s handling of fire coordination, on Tuesday questioned the operational role of Andreas Gregoriou, appointed last year as the national coordinator for fire prevention ...
More than €1.1 million has been paid to 142 people affected by late July’s deadly wildfire in the mountain villages of Limassol, Interior Minister Constantinos Ioannou said on Tuesday.
Speaking before ...
A minute of silence marked the start of a rare joint session of three key parliamentary committees in Cyprus, convened to examine the state’s response to the deadly wildfire ...
Despite being called off, more than 200 people turned up outside the presidential palace in Nicosia on Monday evening, giving speeches and holding banners demanding accountability over the Limassol wildfire.
The ...
President Nikos Christodoulides has asked the American government for help to investigate and evaluate the management of the recent fires, he said on Monday evening.
At the same time, he ...