Cyprus Mail
Main

Baby dies from asphyxiation

A two-month-old baby boy, who was found dead early on Thursday morning by his mother in Paphos, died from asphyxiation caused by breathing in his vomit, according to the coroner.

The 36-year-old Russian woman, who is on holiday with her husband, found the infant at 3.30am and rushed him to Paphos hospital where doctors declared him dead.

The mother, who had breast fed him before putting him to sleep, realised a few hours later that he had vomited in his stroller and was not breathing.

The autopsy was conducted by coroner Angeliki Papeta in Limassol as Paphos morgue is being renovated.

 

Related Posts

Taking the Cypriot people for a ride

Christos Panayiotides

Alleged racist attack on Limassol

Nick Theodoulou

Brittain to take over as Premier League chair from 2023

Jonathan Shkurko

Labour inspectors find 18 undeclared workers

Herbert Diess, Volkswagen’s disruptor-in-chief, runs out of road

Reuters News Service

Ivana Trump, first wife of Donald Trump who helped build his empire, dies at 73

6 comments

Comments are closed.