THE third and fourth floors of an Ayia Napa hotel were evacuated Friday night after fire broke out in the rabbet between the corridor walls.
No injuries were reported. The fire service said that four engines were used to put out the blaze, which broke out at around 9.20pm in hotel on the Nissi Avenue. The fire is believed to have been caused by a cigarette butt possibly thrown in the insulation material between the hotel’s corridor walls, the service said.
Out of precaution, the hotel’s third and fourth floors were evacuated as there was smoke in the corridors.
The blaze was extinguished quickly.