Cyprus Mail
Cyprus

Child sexual abuse case adjourned (Update)

THE trial of a 36-year-old man who appeared before Paphos criminal court to stand trial for the sexual abuse of a six-year-old girl was adjourned Friday, with the judge ordering he remain in custody until the next hearing on December 16.

The ma, who has admitted to the offence, was arrested on October 26 on a judicial warrant issued after the girl told her parents that she had been abused on October 13 at his home.

The girl’s parents were concerned as her behaviour had changed since that day and had been trying to find out what had happened.

According to the child, she had gone to the house of the man’s parents a couple of weeks previously, along with the woman who looks after her, in her parents’ absence.

The girl told her parents that the 36-year-old lured her into a room in the house where he proceeded to sexually assault her.



Related posts

Coronavirus: Curfew sees cinemas, theatres stage early shows as concerns raised over impact

Gina Agapiou

Auditor general testifies before citizenship committee for four hours

Evie Andreou

Coronavirus: Teachers, students call for change in exams

Evie Andreou

Coronavirus: Labour minister appeals to businesses not to sack workers

Elias Hazou

Coronavirus: Locations for rapid tests on Wednesday

Evie Andreou

Coronavirus: Coffee shop shut down for breaking gambling laws, curfew

Evie Andreou

1 comment

Comments are closed.