Cyprus Mail
Main

Man remanded for Paphos burglaries (Updated)

 

A 51-year-old resident of Paphos who was arrested on Sunday in connection with a series of break ins and thefts was remanded for eight days on Monday.

He is suspected of burgling two residencies and a restaurant between October 1 and November 6 in Yeroskypou and Paphos.

On October 1, a woman reported to Paphos police that €10,000 in banknotes, a collection of silver and gold coins worth €2,000, a Visa card and a Samsung mobile were stolen from a desk drawer of her house.

A second burglary which was carried out on October 20 was reported by a 48-year-old restaurant owner from Paphos. He told police that when an employee went to open the business, he found the aluminium back door forced open and an unknown man in the building.

Upon seeing the employee, the man fled leaving behind a bag containing €300 in cash which had been taken from the restaurant.

The third burglary the 51-year-old was allegedly involved in was reported by a British resident on October 27. The woman who lives in Yeroskipou reported that a portable computer, a watch, four bracelets, a tablet and a mobile phone worth €1,280 were taken.

In court the suspect admitted committing the offences.

Police are still searching for another person, a 17-year-old, who was allegedly involved in the Yeroskipou theft.

 

Related Posts

Iranian police call woman’s death in custody an ‘unfortunate incident’

Reuters News Service

Spurs’ players have to accept rotation – Conte

Reuters News Service

Explainer: Understanding Ethereum’s major ‘Merge’ upgrade

Reuters News Service

Russia requests ‘explanations’ from IAEA on Zaporizhzhia report

Reuters News Service

Rescue efforts underway as China earthquake toll rises to 65

Reuters News Service

IAEA says it could visit Russian-held Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant in days

Reuters News Service